The North Shore Anishinabek Cannabis Association shall:
- Advocate for the interests of the members of the North Shore Anishinabek Cannabis Association who grow, sell, and consume cannabis products.
- Implement a process of self-regulation of the cannabis industry on the home territory of each member through the application of Anishinabek custom and convention that will: uphold Anishinabek self-determination, protect minors, combat addiction, keep out organized crime, provide for quality control and safe handling and consistency of product, educate consumers, regulate prices, ensure fair standards of wages and benefits to workers, and otherwise promote the public health and social wellbeing of the Anishinabek people.
- Advocate and promote the rights of all Anishinabek people to access cannabis and to build an “above ground” self-regulated industry to grow, process, transport, retail, and trade cannabis on a nation-to-nation basis. This advocacy may be done through means including, but not limited to, workshops, publications, advertisements, and public relations campaigns.
- Encourage the diversification of the Anishinabek cannabis industry into a broader “green economy” using hemp and cannabis byproducts to produce building materials, paper, clothing, health foods, etc. in such a manner as to bring health and prosperity to the Anishinabek people.
- Defend and build political and legal support for any members of the Anishinabek Nation who face criminalization or state sanctioned targeting for participating in the Indigenous cannabis industry.
- The association shall create a mechanism whereby a portion of the revenue made through the cannabis industry will be apportioned to economic, social and cultural programs that improve the lives and support the identity and values of the people of the Anishinabek Nation.